Applications are Closed for 2022
The $10,000 Arc Thrift Exceptional Scholars Award was established in 2021 to support aspiring post-secondary students who have chosen a career path focused on advancing the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Applicants must currently be attending or will be attending a Colorado institution of higher learning within the next year to be eligible. Because we are invested in Scholar success, Arc Scholars will also receive career mentorship and peer support from arc Thrift Stores for the duration of their award.
The 2022 Arc Thrift Exceptional Scholar will be notified no later than August 15th, 2022.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a Colorado resident (defined as residency of two years or greater)
- Have completed at least one year of college education and be at least a college sophomore by of Fall 2022
- Will be, or is currently attending a Colorado institution of higher learning
- Have selected a career path that will advance the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Can commit to a mentorship opportunity for the duration of their award
The most competitive applicants will:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, with exemptions made for those who demonstrate exceptional potential
- Have two references from a teacher, employer, or community leader that affirms their potential and sincere commitment to advancing the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Have already demonstrated leadership in their commitment to helping others, either through advocacy for people with disabilities or by serving other disadvantaged populations
For more information about our Exceptional Scholars Award, email firstname.lastname@example.org